Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Spider Returns is a 1941 15-chapter Columbia movie serial based on the pulp magazine character The Spider. It was the fourteenth of the 57 serials released by Columbia and a sequel to their 1938 serial The Spider's Web. The first episode runs 32 minutes, while the other 14 are approximately 17 minutes each.
Amateur criminologist Richard Wentworth, formerly the masked vigilante, The Spider, brings his former alter ego out of retirement for 15 action-packed chapters to help his old friend, police commissioner Kirk (Kirkpatrick in the pulp novels), battle a dangerous, power-obsessed maniac called The Gargoyle. This mysterious crime lord and his henchmen threaten the world with acts of sabotage and wholesale murder in an effort to wreck the U. S. national defense.
- Warren Hull as The Spider, his secret identity Richard Wentworth, and Blinky McQuade
- Mary Ainslee as Nita Van Sloan, Richard Wentworth's fiancée
- Dave O'Brien as Jackson, Wentworth's assistant
- Joseph W. Girard as Police Commissioner Kirk
- Kenneth Duncan as Ram Singh, Sikh warrior and Wentworth's bodyguard.
- Corbet Harris as McLeod
- Bryant Washburn as Westfall
- Charles F. Miller as Mr. Van Sloan
- Anthony Warde as Trigger, one of the Gargoyle's henchmen
- Harry Harvey as Stephan
- Forrest Taylor (uncredited) Voice of The Gargoyle